Water Born Media are looking for a new designer to join their team!
- We are looking for a qualified and experienced art director. Ideally (but not essentially) with experience of magazine layouts.
- Must must be a 110% InDesign ninja!
- The position is based in the Algarve, Portugal. The location and lower cost of living will also be reflected in the hourly rate. We are not able to pay city/studio rates.
Still interested? Here is an overview of the job:
- Ensure clear and error-free design and layout of magazines, with consistent and high-quality photo and copy layout. We have a great reputation for our top-end, “coffee table” quality, high-end magazines and this is very important to us. You will be responsible for maintaining this reputation!
- Utilize illustrations and other design techniques to keep the magazine engaging and give it an identity.
- Prepare files and upload to print portal.
- Produce assets following publication for use online.
- This can be a high pressure environment with a quick turnaround expected so you need to be prepared to work some longer days and potentially weekends around deadlines. On the flip side, during quieter times you can head off early and go to the beach!
- Depending on the candidate we would be keen to have someone also willing to work with the rest of the team on our social media channels and website upkeep.
- We are looking for a permanent member of our team who can commit to Water Born Media Limited for the foreseeable future.
- The Algarve is a great place to live, particularly if you enjoy watersports!
If you think you might fit the bill then please send samples of work and CV to [email protected].
Deadline 6 January. We will then expect shortlisted candidates to complete some sample layouts and will conduct interviews shortly afterwards.