CORE Kiteboarding and WOO Sports launch the #xr5challenge, a big air contest!
For many of us, the first kiteboarding trick we learned was how to jump. It’s hard to forget the feeling flying high above the water for what felt like an eternity. And now, CORE Kiteboarding and WOO Sports have teamed up to capture these moments with the XR5 Big Air Challenge, a global contest open to kiteboarders of all abilities. The #xr5challenge kicks off in August and runs through November. Four grand prize winners will fly to Cape Town in January! Sound fun? Then, read on! Former WOO global Big-Air record holder Joshua Emanuel and CORE want to see if you can go bigger! All you need is a WOO sensor attached to your board, and a little courage to pull with your back hand.
1. Log your WOO sessions with #xr5challenge. Starting August 1, log every WOO session with the #xr5challenge hashtag to enter the contest. That’s it!
2. Top monthly performers will be awarded cool prizes in three categories. Every month from August to November, we will be awarding the following prizes:
Male Biggest Boost – for the highest male jump in that month.
Female Biggest Boost – for the highest female jump in that month.
Cumulative Height – for the male or female with the highest cumulative jump height during that month.
All monthly winners will receive:
– A cool #XR5Challenge T-Shirt.
– A customized kiting photo with digital overlays.
– A feature on CORE Kiteboarding and WOO Sports’ websites.
– A chance to win the grand prize trip to Cape Town in January.
3. Four grand prize winners will win a once in a lifetime Cape Town trip to go head-to-head with Joshua Emanuel on brand new XR5s! Three of the four grand prize winners will be selected from:
Male Biggest Boost – highest jump between the 4 monthly winners (m)
Female Biggest Boost – highest jump between the 4 monthly winners (f)
Biggest Month of Boosting – the rider with the highest average single month of boosting from the 4 Cumulative Height qualifiers.
What about the fourth grand prize winner?
Who doesn’t like a wildcard? In addition to the three monthly winners, a wildcard winner will also go to Cape Town in January! Simply share your WOO sessions on Facebook or Instagram, add the hashtag #xr5challenge and you’re entered into the wildcard draw. At the end of the contest, we will select 10 of our favorite photos and let the community decide which one is best! A funny photo, your stoke factor, or an epic action shot might bring you to Cape Town! There is no limit to how many photos you can share so get posting!
Remember every jump counts!
This challenge is open to all kiters regardless of skill or equipment. The idea is to have fun challenging your kite buddies. Don’t forget that even the smallest jumps qualify towards your monthly cumulative height total. The more time you spend on the water, the better your chances! So, get out there and #gokiting!
Where do I get a WOO Sensor?
If you don’t already have a WOO Sensor, find your closest WOO dealer here, grab a demo, and get in on the fun! For the rest of you WOO fans, it’s game on!
Still have questions?
Check out our official contest website all the details and conditions here: corekites.com/xr5challenge
Good luck and play safe!
teamCORE and the WOO crew
(1) All kiters can participate but some kiters are excluded from receiving awards. Please read the fine print on corekites.com/xr5challenge
(2) The grand prize includes the flight costs (limited to 1500€) and housing. Please read the
fine print on corekites.com/xr5challenge