Fundraiser launches for prolific kiteboarding photographer, Ydwer van der Heide, as he faces recovery from a serious spinal injury.READ MORE
In 2014, Alex CAIZERGUES asked us for some custom kites to beat his own speed record of 56.62 kts. The design brief was to reach a maximum speed by riding over-powered with a 6.5m² on the speed run with an average wind of 50kts… We have therefore worked on a kite with more aspect ratio and 5 struts.
This is how the FURTIVE appears into the range!
But during the development, two things happened:
– First we were surprised by the enjoyment we had when riding with this kite. This is due to the thrills it provides thanks to its performance (who doesn’t like speed and acceleration…?) but also thanks to its hang-time.
– Then the foil riders in search for a long distance weapon became interested in this kite and immediately wanted to use it.
After 2 years of development, the FURTIVE is ideal for long-distance racing, speed riding and hang-time sessions.
The FURTIVE in brief
– Hang Time: it launches you really high and keeps you up there for a long thanks to its lift.
– Optimized upwind speed/angle compromise with an unbelievable traction towards the edge of the window.
– Unparalleled dynamic stability in flight with accurate bar information.
– Maximum power and acceleration thanks to the high aspect ratio and mode rate ARC.
– Complete control of the profile and distortions thanks to the all new W5 bridle and 5 struts.
– The FURTIVE is the kite you need to break records with a twintip, a gun or a foil!
The FURTIVE will be available end of august in 5 sqm – 6.4 sqm – 8 sqm – 10 sqm and 12 sqm.
RRD have just released their V3 of the popular Global Bar...READ MORE
Introducing From the Top! Our new YouTube series with key figures within the kitesurfing industryREAD MORE