Liquid Force have just launched the new WOW… and, as ever, the name underlines the amount of tech in this kite. We can't wait to get our hands on one. Here's the word…
We are excited to bring you the WOW Version 4 (v4). Completely redesigned, offering a new feel that will bring all surf loving kiteboarders the kite of their dreams. We spent over a year benchmarking performance characteristics that we found advantageous in other kites and brought them all into this version. Not an easy task! But after numerous protos, endless test sessions, and scrutinization from our seasoned surf specialists… we are proud to get this version in your hands!
The WOW remains our surf specialist kite. We have focused all our efforts to make sure that this kite will help bring anyone’s wave riding to the next level of progression. We have continued our focus on increasing turning speed dynamics, creating manageable depower, delivering mindless down the line drift, and precise feedback all in one of the lightest weight, wave capable kites you can get.
The WOW v4 new features:
- New profile in the center of the kite front to back and in the arc. This engineered change makes for a very stable, gust eating, smooth drifting, confidence inspiring flight feel.
- New wingtip design that is elongated allowing for rapid turning redirection and elimination of any back-stall tendencies.
- New shape that is “boxy” making the kite pivot on an internal axis that allows for precise, controlled placement of the kite without being yanked off line by unwanted apparent wind generation.
- New bridle configuration that creates an even sheeting power band and allows for quick immediate depower for precise control on the wave face and smooth predictability for strapless air tricks.
- New Teijin triple rip stop Performance canopy material. The highest strength to weight ratio material that utilizes technical coatings to protects against UV and chalking.
- New MaxFlow air stop cap. This new Maxflow cap design incorporates a secondary airtight gasket for confidence.
- New Ballistic Kevlar contact bumpers that are 1/3 the weight of standard EVA scuff guards.
The Liquid Force WOW v4: liquidforcekites.com/product/wow-v4/
Also, check out Liquid Force's new podcast, all about the WOW V4 (and we bloody love a podcast here at TKM HQ.)