Duotone rider Julia Castro takes us to the infamous flat water spot: Matas Blancas. Here she will share all of her tips and tricks.
In this second chapter, we will visit the infamous flat water spot: Matas Blancas. It is located just before Costa Calma if you're coming from the airport. This spot is located inside the municipality of Pájara, Fuerteventura.
- Recommended level: all levels can kite here. It is a great beginner's spot as well as more pro-level since the water it's so flat that everybody can enjoy it.
- Wind direction: offshore with a bit of side wind. Careful: I don't recommend to kite in this spot if the school is closed and there's no rescue. If something happens you will end up traveling for free to África.
- Beach: mainly small rocks and a few sandy places.
- Tide: tide does not matter on this spot. Enjoy
- Cometa: wind here is usually strong. Kiting on a 5m kite is the usual here. You'll also need a 7m. In winter you will be able to kite on bigger kites.
- Wind season: from March to August. Rest of the year is also windy but not every day.
- Wetsuit: in summer you might be able to kite even without wetsuit or with a thin shorty. Winter: 3/2 should be enough.
- Water: so flat!
- Services/Kite school: kite, windsurf and surf school with bathroom and showers.